Confined Space Entry
This training program is eligible for an early bird discount of $100 if registered 60 days out (or more) and will be automatically applied at checkout!
At the end of this training program attendees will be able to:
- Overview of 29 CFR 1910.146 (Permit-Required Confined Spaces) 2. Hazards Associated With Confined Spaces 3. Atmospheric testing equipment & personal protective equipment 4. Communications best practices 5. Rescue operation
- Certification: This training program is approved by and can to lead to certification through North American Technician Excellence (NATE). Testing for this certification is administered by a NATE testing organization.
- Why This Training Program
- Who Should Take This Training Program
- What You'll Learn
- Training Program Description
Why You should take this training program
NEW – This course is now available via our interactive Live Online Training format. Live Online Training course length and content may vary from our in-classroom content. Click Here to ask us about the differences.
This comprehensive one-day lecture course is designed to mitigate the risk associated with working in confined spaces. It will benefit anyone who has identified permit required spaces and must develop a written program for identifying and evaluating hazards, preventing unauthorized entry and establishing safe entry procedures. This includes safety personnel, maintenance personnel, facility managers, supervisors and personnel who might work in confined spaces.
Every year, approximately 1.6 million Americans perform some type of work activity in a confined space. Working in a confined space can be dangerous. Accidents occur to workers because they fail to recognize that a confined space is a potential hazard. Serious injury and even death can result from asphyxiation, engulfment, electric shock, falls and heat stress. Every worker entering a confined space should consider that the most unfavorable conditions may exist, and the dangers of explosion, asphyxiation and poisoning are present. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration believes that up to 85% of these accidents can be prevented through a successful confined space entry program.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Contact HoursDownload Training Program PDF
Upon completion of this training program, the attendee will receive a certificate of completion. Please contact your state or local licensing agency to determine if this training program is accepted for Continuing Education recognition by the agency.
Who Should Take This Training Program
People who will benefit from attending this training include:
- Service center employees
- Environmental health & safety personnel
- Apprentice and experienced HVAC technicians
- Owners & managers
- Warehouse employees
- Maintenance Technicians
- Plant & facility maintenance technicians
- Building engineers
- Building managers & superintendents
- Safety directors
What You'll Learn
Topics covered during this training include:
- Overview of 29 CFR 1910.146 (Permit-Required Confined Spaces)
- Hazards Associated With Confined Spaces
- Personnel & responsibilities
- Entry permit
- Entry Conditions
- Atmospheric testing equipment
- Personal protective equipment
- Rescue operations
Training Program Description
Agenda topics include:
- Hazards Of Confined Spaces
- Personnel Duties & Responsibilities
- Non-Permit Spaces
- Permit Space Programs
- Written Programs
- Entry Permit
- Entry Conditions
- Atmospheric Testing
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Rescue Operations Workbook
- 29 Cfr 1910.146— Permit Required Confined Space
- Decision flow chart
- Examples of permit-required confined space programs
- Checklist and permit
- Sewer system entry
NTT Training is actively monitoring the incidence of Covid-19 in the United States. Upcoming events may be impacted by daily changes made by National, State, and Local entities regarding events, travel, and quarantine. Contact us regarding questions for your schedule at 1-855-712-7353.
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
Select Training Location and Date:
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing.
Training Program Pricing
1-Day Lecture: $550 / Participant
This training program may be included with other training or as a standalone course. As such, training time depends on training program length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (800) 922-2820 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss pricing and your unique training needs.
Don’t see a local training program in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training