Arc Flash Electrical Safety [Based on NFPA 70E®]
This training program is eligible for an early bird discount of $100 if registered 60 days out (or more) and will be automatically applied at checkout!
At the end of this training program attendees will be able to:
- Identify electrical and other hazards and learn the methods to mitigate these hazards
- Demonstrate electrical safe work practices required by NFPA 70E
- Use an Infrared camera to inspect electrical equipment for safe work conditions
- Apply NFPA 70E knowledge to the job
- Ability to establish an electrically safe condition when working on electrical equipment
- Why This Training Program
- Who Should Take This Training Program
- What You'll Learn
- Training Program Description
Why You should take this training program
This course is available via our interactive Live Online Training format. Live Online Training course length and content may vary from our in-classroom content. CLICK HERE to ask us about the differences.
This Hands-on, 2-day course meets the requirements of the NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace for qualified electrical workers to demonstrate electrical safe work practices. Employers may use this training as part of their overall qualification program.
Students will perform a risk analysis, complete a job safety plan, and job briefing, select and inspect PPE, establish barricades, develop an emergency response plan and establish an electrically safe work condition on three-phase equipment. All training equipment and safety checklists are provided by NTT.
Students will use the pocket-sized NTT Electrical Job Aid to perform tasks which can then be used in the field as reminder steps for following electrical safe work practices.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Contact HoursDownload Training Program PDF
Upon completion of this training program, the attendee will receive a certificate of completion. Please contact your state or local licensing agency to determine if this training program is accepted for Continuing Education recognition by the agency.
Who Should Take This Training Program
People who will benefit from attending this course include:
• Maintenance Electricians
• Linemen & Utility Workers
• EHS personnel responsible for electrical safety
• Owners & Managers
• Electrical Contractors
• Any worker who is exposed to electrical hazards during their work
What You'll Learn
This course covers the following:
• Identifying and mitigating hazards of an electrical job
• Conducting the Risk Assessment
• Establishing Barricades
• Selection, Inspection and Use of PPE
• Inspecting equipment for Normal Operation
• Establishing the Electrically Safe Work Condition (Electrical LOTO)
Training Program Description
Day 1 Agenda
Review of the Electrical Hazards
Articles 90 and 100: Introduction to the 2024 NFPA 70E
Article 110: General Requirements for Electrical Safety-Related Work Practices
- Group Discussion – Your Electrical Safety Program
- Hands-on Meter Inspection
Article 120: Creating an Electrically Safe Work Condition
- Hands-on Exercise – Establish an Electrically Safe Work Condition
- Hands-on Exercise – Working with Capacitors
Daily summary, questions
Day 2 Agenda
Article 130: Work Involving Electrical Hazards
- Group Discussion – Perform Shock and Arc Flash Risk Assessments
130.7: Electrical Personal Protective Equipment
- Hands-on Exercise – Select, Inspect and Use PPE
Electrical Emergency Response
Group Discussion – Complete a JSP
Course Review, Questions
Course Assessment & Evaluations
NTT Training is actively monitoring the incidence of Covid-19 in the United States. Upcoming events may be impacted by daily changes made by National, State, and Local entities regarding events, travel, and quarantine. Contact us regarding questions for your schedule at 1-855-712-7353.
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
Select Training Location and Date:
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing.
Training Program Pricing
2-Day Hands-On Lab + Lecture: $1095 / Participant
This training program may be included with other training or as a stand-alone course. As such, training time depends on course length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (800) 922-2820 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss your unique training needs.
Don’t see a local training program in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training