HVAC: Brazing [Advanced]
This training program is eligible for an early bird discount of $100 if registered 60 days out (or more) and will be automatically applied at checkout!
At the end of this training program attendees will be able to:
- Understand guidelines to select the most suitable process for joining copper and copper alloy components in air conditioning and refrigeration system.
- Determine cost effective installation methods that are also clean and debris free.
- Demonstrate brazing, proper procedures for flaring, swaging and leak testing techniques, while ensuring safety and standard compliance.
- Why This Training Program
- Who Should Take This Training Program
- What You'll Learn
- Training Program Description
Why You should take this training program
Learn guidelines to select the most suitable process for joining copper and copper alloy components in air conditioning and refrigeration system. Discover cost effective installation methods that are also clean and debris free.
Learn brazing, proper procedures for flaring, swaging and leak testing techniques, while ensuring safety and standard compliance.
Brazing depends on the ability of the filler metal to penetrate, by capillary attraction, small gaps between the metal surfaces to be joined. Under suitable conditions, the brazing alloy wets and bonds by surface diffusion alloying to form a strong joint. It is important to ensure that the joint preparation takes full advantage of the capillary penetration of the molten filler alloy.
This course stresses the proper Nitrogen purging through an air conditioning or a refrigeration system that will reduce copper oxidation. This process will reduce compressor failure rates and reduce the moisture inside a system. Ester oil that is in the HFC refrigerant system will breakdown at 50 ppm of moisture in the oil. In a vacuum of 250 microns, the moisture in the ester oil is still above 80 ppm of moisture. This will cause an increase in the acid in a system.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Contact HoursDownload Training Program PDF
Upon completion of this training program, the attendee will receive a certificate of completion. Please contact your state or local licensing agency to determine if this training program is accepted for Continuing Education recognition by the agency.
Who Should Take This Training Program
This practical hands-on lab is good for residential, commercial, and industrial workers who maintain or repair AC or refrigeration systems.
People who will benefit from this training include:
- HVAC maintenance and Repair Technicians
- Plant & facility maintenance technicians
- Building engineers
- Building managers & superintendents
- Apprentice and experienced HVAC technicians
- Stationary engineers
What You'll Learn
Topics covered during this training include:
- Bronze Welding
- Working with Copper
- Work-Hardening and Precipitation-Hardening
- Metallurgical Factors in Joining Dissimilar Metals
Consider customizing your training by including these other related topics:
- Advanced AC
- Air and Water Balancing
- Basic Electricity & Troubleshooting
Training Program Description
SELECTION OF A JOINING PROCESS
- Bolting and riveting
- Adhesive bonding
- Recommended solder fluxes for engineering materials
- Copper, solid or plates, tin-bronzes, gunmetals
- Copper-nickel alloys
- Copper-aluminium alloys (aluminium bronzes)
- Gilding metals (CuZn10 and CuZn20)
- Commercial brasses (CuZn30 and CuZn40)
- Soft solder filler metals
- Resistance soldering
- Brazing and silver soldering
- Brazing in six easy steps
- Brazing copper tube to brass and other copper alloys
- Basic principles
- Brazing filler metals
- Copper-silver alloys
- Copper-phosphorus-silver alloys
- Joint design, clearance overlap
- Brazing alloy pre-placement
- Physical and metallurgical factors
- The coppers
- Alloys heavily cold-worked, or with high softening temperatures
- Precipitation-hardening copper alloys
- Alloys containing aluminium, lead, tellurium or sulphur
THE BRONZE WELDING PROCESS
- Filler metals
- Joint design
- Pre-weld and Inter-run cleaning
- Jigging and backing techniques
- Preheating and Inter-run temperatures
- Process applications
- Copper alloys
- Copper-silicon alloys (silicon bronzes)
- Copper-aluminium alloys (aluminium bronzes)
- Copper-nickel alloys (cupro- nickels)
- Copper-tin alloys (phosphor bronzes and gunmetals)
- Copper-zinc alloys (brasses and nickel- silvers)
WORK-HARDENING AND PRECIPITATION-HARDENING
- Joining and repairing castings
- Copper-based casting alloys
- General principles, joint design and preparation
- Selection of filler metals
- Metallurgical behavior of cast alloys
- Copper aluminium alloys
- High tensile brasses
- Gunmetals and tin bronzes
METALLURGICAL FACTORS IN JOINING DISSIMILAR METALS
- Copper to steel
- Copper nickel to steel
- Aluminium bronzes to steel
- Copper to aluminium
- Copper and alloys to other copper alloys
- Copper to copper-nickel
- Copper to aluminium bronze
- Aluminium bronze to copper nickel
NTT Training is actively monitoring the incidence of Covid-19 in the United States. Upcoming events may be impacted by daily changes made by National, State, and Local entities regarding events, travel, and quarantine. Contact us regarding questions for your schedule at 1-855-712-7353.
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
Select Training Location and Date:
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing.
Training Program Pricing
3-Days Hands-On Lab + Lecture: $1,795 / Participant
This training program may be included with other training or as a standalone course. As such, training time depends on training program length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (800) 922-2820 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss pricing and your unique training needs.
Don’t see a local training program in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training