NICET I & II
This training program is eligible for an early bird discount of $100 if registered 60 days out (or more) and will be automatically applied at checkout!
At the end of this training program attendees will be able to:
- Pass NICET Level I practice exam
- Pass NICET Level II practice exam
- Certification: This training program is designed to lead to NICET Level 1 or II certification through NICET. Testing for this certification is administered by Pearson VUE.
Ready to schedule training?Select Training Dates
Need to speak to someone?Request More Info Now
- Why This Training Program
- Who Should Take This Training Program
- What You'll Learn
- Training Program Description
Why You should take this training program
NEW – This course is now available via our interactive Live Online Training format. Live Online Training course length and content may vary from our in-classroom content. Click Here to ask us about the differences.
Prepare for the NICET Certification exams. Learn test-taking strategies and review reference materials needed to maximize the NICET test experience. This training is helpful to personnel working in the fire alarm industry who engage in a combination of fire alarm system activities including layout, equipment selection, installation, acceptance testing, troubleshooting and servicing.
- NICET Level I is for trainees and entry-level technicians who perform limited job tasks under frequent supervision.
- NICET Level II is for technicians who perform routine tasks under general daily supervision.
NTT’s NICET I & II test preparation course will give you the confidence to sit for the exam. All NICET exams are proctored at Pearson VUE Professional test centers. Here are some additional test prep tips
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Contact Hours
Upon completion of this training program, the attendee will receive a certificate of completion. Please contact your state or local licensing agency to determine if this training program is accepted for Continuing Education recognition by the agency.Download Training Program PDF
Who Should Take This Training Program
This class is helpful to personnel working in the fire alarm industry who engage in a combination of fire alarm system activities including layout, equipment selection, installation, acceptance testing, troubleshooting and servicing.
People in the following positions typically participate in our NFPA 72 training:
- Trainees / Technicians already familiar with fire alarm codes, installation, servicing and layout drawings
- Technicians ready to take the level II Certification for NICET
What You'll Learn
What you’ll learn depends on which course options you choose. This NICET I & II test-prep has the option to include the National Fire Alarm & Signaling Code®, a practical and hands-on lab oriented training.
Topics covered during this training includes:
- System Layout and Installation
- System equipment selection
- System acceptance testing
- System servicing and troubleshooting
- Applicable codes and standards
- Types of signaling systems
- Supervision requirements
- Fire alarm system components
- Building occupancy considerations
- Physical science fundamentals
Training Program Description
INTRODUCTION TO NICET
- NICET History
- Value of NICET Certification
- Steps to Certification
NICET OPERATIONAL POLICIES
- The Certification Criteria
- Examination Requirement Chart
- NICET Test Strategies
- Application Forms
- Materials To Bring To A NICET Test
NICET LEVEL I CONTENT
- 1.1.1 Mount and Terminate Peripherals
- 1.1.2 Install Cabling and Associated Infrastructure
- 1.1.3 Comply with Job Safety Requirements
- 1.2.1 Perform Periodic Testing of Systems and Devices
- 1.2.2 Repair/Replace Impaired Systems and Devices
- 1.2.3 Clean Devices
NICET LEVEL II CONTENT
- 2.1.1 Develop Work Plan Based Upon Field Conditions
- 2.1.2 Install Fire Alarm Infrastructures
- 2.1.3 Install Fire Alarm Components
- 2.1.4 Perform System Commissioning
- 2.2.1 Perform Periodic Testing
- 2.2.2 Correct Impairments/ Deficiencies
- 2.2.3 Maintain Documentation
2.3 Submittal Preparation and System Layout
- 2.3.1 Assemble Project Information for Shop Drawing
- 2.3.2 Survey Site Conditions to Verify That They Support the Requirements of the Fire Alarm System Design and Layout
- 2.3.3 Prepare Basic Technical Drawings
- 2.3.4 Determine Power Supply and Loading Requirements for the Fire Alarm System
2.4 Management and Supervision
- 2.4.1 Coordinate Work Activities
NTT Training is actively monitoring the incidence of Covid-19 in the United States. Upcoming events may be impacted by daily changes made by National, State, and Local entities regarding events, travel, and quarantine. Contact us regarding questions for your schedule at 1-855-712-7353.
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
Select Training Location and Date:
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Training Program Pricing
2-day Lecture NICET I & II Test Prep: $ 1,095 / Participant
This training program may be included with other training or as a standalone training program. As such, training time depends on course length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (800) 922-2820 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss your unique training needs.
Don’t see a local training program in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training