Electrical Systems: SOARS Grounding & Bonding
This training program is eligible for an early bird discount of $100 if registered 60 days out (or more) and will be automatically applied at checkout!
At the end of this training program attendees will be able to:
- Use their strong grounding and bonding fundamentals
- Utilize grounding performance requirements they learned
- Perform requirements essential for electrical installation, design and inspection
- Certification: This training program is approved by and can to lead to certification through North American Technician Excellence (NATE). Testing for this certification is administered by a NATE testing organization.
- Why This Training Program
- Who Should Take This Training Program
- What You'll Learn
- Training Program Description
Why You should take this training program
NEW – This course is now available via our interactive Live Online Training format. Live Online Training course length and content may vary from our in-classroom content. Click Here to ask us about the differences.
From the beginning, the use of electricity has presented many challenges ranging from how to install a safe electrical system to how to develop minimum code requirements for safe electrical installations. These installations depend on several minimum requirements, many of which are covered in NFPA 70.
In this grounding and bonding training program, workers learn protection fundamentals and performance requirements that are essential for electrical installation, design and inspection. They will also learn how to do this while maintaining the highest level of electrical safety for persons and property.
NTT Training is proud to announce our partnership with the IAEI – International Association of Electrical Inspectors. NTT Training is the only approved training provider to deliver IAEI’s excellent content via streaming Live Internet broadcast (Live Online Training).
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Contact HoursDownload Training Program PDF
Upon completion of this training program, the attendee will receive a certificate of completion. Please contact your state or local licensing agency to determine if this training program is accepted for Continuing Education recognition by the agency.
Who Should Take This Training Program
If you work with electrical systems and equipment, you need to understand the intricacies of grounding & bonding to make a safer work environment and help preserve the lifespan of your equipment. Both experienced electricians as well as people new to the National Electrical Code® (NEC) will benefit from this practical and in-depth training program.
Typical professions include:
- Electrical contractors
- Maintenance electricians
- HVAC maintenance and Repair Technicians
- Plant & facility maintenance technicians
- Building engineers
- Building managers & superintendents
- Plant & facility managers
- Stationary engineers
- Energy management personnel
- Safety directors
What You'll Learn
Participants learn about grounding requirements as they relate to Article 250 and other articles of the National Electrical Code® (NEC). Installation, testing, and inspection procedures for industrial, commercial, institutional and residential power systems are covered. Learn the rules to minimize the risk of electricity as a source of electric shock, and as an ignition source of fires and explosions.
Training Program Description
The agenda for Grounding and Bonding Electrical Systems training includes:
- Fundamentals of grounding and bonding
- When to ground
- Grounding of electrical systems
- Grounding electrical services
- Service equipment and man bonding jumpers
- Grounding electrodes and an electrode system
- Grounding electrode conductors
- Enclosure and equipment grounding
- Clearing ground faults and short circuits
- Grounding separately derived systems
- Grounding at (feeder supplied) separate structures
- Ground-fault circuit-interrupter protection
- Ground-fault protection for equipment
- Grounding and bonding for special locations
- Low-voltage and intersystem grounding and bonding
- Grounding and bonding for over 600-Volt systems
- Tables and examples
- Basic discussion of a power-quality system
NTT Training is actively monitoring the incidence of Covid-19 in the United States. Upcoming events may be impacted by daily changes made by National, State, and Local entities regarding events, travel, and quarantine. Contact us regarding questions for your schedule at 1-855-712-7353.
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
Select Training Location and Date:
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing.
Training Program Pricing
2-Day Lecture Only: $ 1,095 / Participant
This training program may be included with other training or as a standalone course. As such, training time depends on course length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (800) 922-2820 or Contact NTT Training to discuss your unique training needs.
Don’t see a local training program in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training