Variable Frequency Drives [VFD]
THIS TRAINING PROGRAM IS ELIGIBLE FOR AN EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT OF $100 IF REGISTERED 60 DAYS OUT (OR MORE) AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED AT CHECKOUT!
At the end of this training program attendees will be able to:
- Learn proper design recommendations to ensure that your equipment is as energy efficient and safe as possible.
- Discover the best practices for frequency drives in HVAC, pumping, and facility applications.
- Certification: This training program is approved by and can to lead to certification through North American Technician Excellence (NATE). Testing for this certification is administered by a NATE testing organization.
- Why This Training Program
- Who Should Take This Training Program
- What You'll Learn
- Training Program Description
Why You should take this training program
In this variable frequency drive (VFD) training, participants learn proper design recommendations to ensure that your equipment is as energy efficient and safe as possible. Discover the best practices for frequency drives in HVAC, pumping, and facility applications. Whether you’re in facility maintenance, chilled water systems, waste water systems, or manufacturing, our variable frequency drive basics training program unlocks the secrets of VFDs to maintain your equipment.
In the hands-on lab portion you will use scopemeters to see how improper designs can lead to motor deterioration and other problems. You will program and troubleshoot newly upgraded equipment that includes Allen-Bradley Powerflex4 and ABB ACS-350 variable frequency flux vector drives. Learn to manipulate external drive control wiring. Gain troubleshooting skills by deciphering fault diagnostics and correcting problems.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Contact HoursDownload Training Program PDF
Upon completion of this training program, the attendee will receive a certificate of completion. Please contact your state or local licensing agency to determine if this training program is accepted for Continuing Education recognition by the agency.
Who Should Take This Training Program
The VFD training program starts at a basic level and builds, avoiding the need for any technical prerequisite, other than the desire to increase your knowledge and understanding of variable speed drives.
People who will benefit from attending this training include:
- Energy management personnel
- Apprentice and experienced HVAC technicians
- IT Technicians
- Fire Alarm Technicians
- Multi-craft personnel
- Plant & facility maintenance technicians
- Building engineers
- Building managers & superintendents
- Plant & facility managers
- Stationary engineers
- Anyone who needs cross-training on VFDs
What You'll Learn
The advantage of using Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) is their energy saving potential. Students calculate the enormous energy savings using data from live measurements, and plot the data to show the energy savings VFDs offer over standard HVAC speed control designs. The training program starts at a basic level and builds, avoiding the need for any technical prerequisite. Just come with your desire to grow your knowledge and understanding of variable speed drives.
Training Program Description
Topics covered during this training include:
- Electrical and power transmission basics
- AC induction motors
- Operation, setup and maintenance of VFD
- Bypass systems
- Energy saving techniques
- Program drive parameters
- Speed, torque and horsepower relationships related to variable frequency drives
- The effects of running motors at very low speed, above base speed and varying speeds
- Troubleshooting and fault handling
- Improve reliability and extend the life of your motors and drives with proper install
NTT Training is actively monitoring the incidence of Covid-19 in the United States. Upcoming events may be impacted by daily changes made by National, State, and Local entities regarding events, travel, and quarantine. Contact us regarding questions for your schedule at 1-855-712-7353.
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
Training Program Schedule
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Training Program Pricing
3-Day Hands-On Lab + Lecture: $1,499 / Participant
This training program may be included with other training or as a standalone course. As such, training time depends on training program length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (800) 922-2820 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss pricing and your unique training needs.s.
Don’t see a local training program in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training