PLCs [Programmable Logic Controllers]: ControlLogix & RSLogix 5000
This training program is eligible for an early bird discount of $100 if registered 60 days out (or more) and will be automatically applied at checkout!
At the end of this training program attendees will be able to:
- Navigate and Interpret ControlLogix programs with self-confidence to troubleshoot malfunctioning machinery.
- Understand the ControlLogix processor's scan sequence.
- Upload and download ControlLogix programs.
- Understand and diagnose analog and digital I/O.
- Why This Training Program
- Who Should Take This Training Program
- What You'll Learn
- Training Program Description
Why You should take this training program
Gain a solid understanding of hardware, software and communication concepts inherent to Allen-Bradley’s ControlLogix PLCs and Rockwell Software’s RSLogix5000 ladder logic programming software. This course is designed for technicians, maintenance personnel or engineers who want to improve maintenance and troubleshooting skills in order to minimize machine downtime. Learn the basic concepts and terminology as well as working hands-on with hardware and platforms.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Contact HoursDownload Training Program PDF
Upon completion of this training program, the attendee will receive a certificate of completion. Please contact your state or local licensing agency to determine if this training program is accepted for Continuing Education recognition by the agency.
Who Should Take This Training Program
This course is beneficial for anyone who encounters control systems in their daily functions. It is designed for technicians, maintenance personnel or engineers who want to improve maintenance and troubleshooting skills in order to minimize machine downtime.
People who will benefit from attending this training include:
- IT Technicians
- Instrumentation Technicians
- Maintenance Technicians
- Automation Technicians
- Multi-craft personnel
- Anyone who needs cross-training on PLCs
What You'll Learn
Real world examples will be used for students to practice troubleshooting problems that occur with field devices as well as with the PLC.
People who attend this course will learn how to:
- Set up communication with the processor.
- Go online with the project, and locate an output that will not energize such as a solenoid or relay.
- How to trace the output through the program to determine the root cause of a problem.
- Find out why the PLC is not calling for the output to energize.
- Learn about instructions in the PLC, and other troubleshooting tools that are available to minimize downtime.
Training Program Description
Topics covered during this training include:
- Configure the DF1 Communications Driver in RSLinx
- Create a new controller project and configure I/O
- Configure the Ethernet communications drive, create a new task, program and routine
- Flashing ControlLogix modules
- ControlLogix bit instructions
- ControlLogix timer instructions
- ControlLogix counter instructions
- User-defined structures and arrays
- Configure and test ControlLogix analog I/O modules
- Program control instructions
- Data comparison instructions
- Troubleshooting exercises
- Program control instructions
- Sequencer output instruction
- System GSV instruction
- RSLogix 5000 ad-on instructions
NTT Training is actively monitoring the incidence of Covid-19 in the United States. Upcoming events may be impacted by daily changes made by National, State, and Local entities regarding events, travel, and quarantine. Contact us regarding questions for your schedule at 1-855-712-7353.
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
Select Training Location and Date:
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing.
Training Program Pricing
5-Day Hands-On Lab + Lecture: $2,995 / Participant
This training program may be included with other training or as a standalone course. As such, training time depends on course length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (800) 922-2820 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss your unique training needs.
Don’t see a local training program in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training