Industrial Electronics & Circuits
This training program is eligible for an early bird discount of $100 if registered 60 days out (or more) and will be automatically applied at checkout!
At the end of this training program attendees will be able to:
- Understand electricity concepts such as voltage, current, wiring, switches, and circuits.
- Learn how electricity applies to transformers, motors, and common electrical devices.
- Safely perform electrical wiring, troubleshooting, and repairs.
Ready to schedule training?Select Training Dates
Need to speak to someone?Request More Info Now
- Why This Training Program
- Who Should Take This Training Program
- What You'll Learn
- Training Program Description
Why You should take this training program
In this industrial electrical training participants learn the fundamental concepts, symbols and components of electronic circuits. Sharpen your troubleshooting skills to help reduce downtime of equipment. You will work with real world industrial components, circuits, and wire electronic circuits using schematic diagrams, testing the circuit for proper operation.
Participants of the industrial electricity training program will gain invaluable experience using and understanding of common electronic test equipment, such as, oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies and multimeters to verify electronic operation. The training program covers all aspects of industrial electronics, including Ohm’s law, terminology, common circuits, test equipment, and safety.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Contact HoursDownload Training Program PDF
Upon completion of this training program, the attendee will receive a certificate of completion. Please contact your state or local licensing agency to determine if this training program is accepted for Continuing Education recognition by the agency.
Who Should Take This Training Program
People who will benefit from this training include:
- Apprentice and experienced HVAC technicians
- Maintenance Technicians
- Fire Alarm Technicians
- Plant & facility maintenance technicians
- Building engineers
- Stationary engineers
What You'll Learn
During this training, theory and explanations support numerous hands-on exercises. Gain hands-on experience with diodes, SCRs, triacs, transistors, MOSFETS, and ICs. These are utilized in conjunction with resistors, capacitors, and LEDs to measure, test and troubleshoot variable frequency drives, PLCs, power supplies and UPS systems.
Topics covered during this training include:
- Electronics Fundamentals
- Resistance and Basic Circuit Laws
- Electromagnetics and Inductance
- AC Resistive, Capacitive, & Inductive Circuits
- Semiconducter Devices
- Linear Integrated Circuits
- Digital Logic
- Soldering Considerations
Training Program Description
- Repulsion and attraction
- Atomic structure
- Types of electricity
- Electrical terms and concepts
- Voltage, current, resistance
- Ohm’s Law
RESISTANCE AND BASIC CIRCUIT LAWS
- Total resistance of circuits
- Kirchoff’s Voltage and current laws
TROUBLESHOOTING BASIC RESISTOR CIRCUITS
- Testing circuits: opens, shorts, grounds
- Components out of tolerance
ELECTROMAGNETICS AND INDUCTANCE
- Current flow
- Magnetic fields
- Types and characteristics
AC RESISTIVE, CAPACITIVE & INDUCTIVE CIRCUITS
- Series, parallel circuits, parallel resonance
- Capacitors and resistors in series/parallel
- Inductors and resistors in series/parallel
- Resistors, capacitors, inductors in series AC
- Rectifier circuits
- Bipolar junction transistors (BJTs)
- Troubleshooting bipolar transistors
- Field effect transistors
- Insulated gate bipolar transistors
LINEAR INTEGRATED CIRCUITS
- Operational amplifiers
- Timing circuits
- Voltage regulators
- Characteristics of light
- Devices: LEDs, transistors, resistors
- OP AMPS and triac optoisolators
- Boolean logic
- Integrated circuit (IC) gates
- Troubleshooting logic circuits
- Printed circuit boards
- Connectors and terminations
- Multimeters, ammeters, voltmeters, ohmmeters, AC meters, DMMs
- Obtain good readings
HANDS-ON / LAB EXERCISES
- Series DC and Kirchoff’s Voltage Law
- Parallel DC and Kirchoff’s Current Law
- Capacitors in AC and DC circuits
- Inductors in AC circuits
- Transistor amplifier
- Solid state devices and MOSFETS
- SCRs and UJTs
NTT Training is actively monitoring the incidence of Covid-19 in the United States. Upcoming events may be impacted by daily changes made by National, State, and Local entities regarding events, travel, and quarantine. Contact us regarding questions for your schedule at 1-855-712-7353.
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
Select Training Location and Date:
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing.
Training Program Pricing
2-Day Hands-On Lab + Lecture: $1,195 / Participant
This training program may be included with other training or as a standalone course. As such, training time depends on training program length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (800) 922-2820 or Contact NTT Training to discuss pricing and your unique training needs.
Don’t see a local training program in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training