Multi-Meters: Electrical Test Instrument Safety
This training program is eligible for an early bird discount of $100 if registered 60 days out (or more) and will be automatically applied at checkout!
At the end of this training program attendees will be able to:
- Be prepared to use test instruments using safe work practices properly.
- Know how to select the correct instrument for the electrical hazards faced.
- Demonstrate how to use test instruments in a safe manner.
Ready to schedule training?Select Training Dates
Need to speak to someone?Request More Info Now
- Why This Training Program
- Who Should Take This Training Program
- What You'll Learn
- Training Program Description
Why You should take this training program
The tools to maintain and troubleshoot ever advancing workplace technology have presented new challenges to workplace safety. No longer can an employer simply assume a competent electrical worker, even those with many years’ experiences, understands how to properly select and use test instruments available today.
Employers must be able to justify that any electrical worker under their supervision or control has the skills to properly select an appropriate test instrument, safely use that instrument to make energized or deenergized contact with electrical parts and how to interpret the readings shown. Most important is the concept of fully understanding any limitations presented by the instruments chosen. In the thousands of electrical incidents and hundreds of fatalities recorded each year, many have been attributed to improper use of electrical test instruments.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Contact HoursDownload Training Program PDF
Upon completion of this training program, the attendee will receive a certificate of completion. Please contact your state or local licensing agency to determine if this training program is accepted for Continuing Education recognition by the agency.
Who Should Take This Training Program
• Apprentices and experienced HVAC technicians
• Maintenance Technicians
• Machine Operators
• HVAC maintenance & Repair Technicians
• Energy Management Personnel
• Fire Alarm Technicians
• Plant & Facility Maintenance Technicians
• Building Engineers
• Stationary Engineers
What You'll Learn
• Electrical hazards encountered while using test instruments
• Selection of instruments appropriate to the need and hazard
• Inspection of test instruments before, during and after use
• Establishing areas of safety around equipment to be tested
• Safe work practices appropriate to the test instruments chosen
Training Program Description
Electrical Multimeter Introduction
Electrical Safety Standards
• Standards Making Bodies
• Meter Categories
Hands-On Lab Exercises
• Measure voltage
• Measure Current
• Measure Resistance
• Use Capacitance Test
• Alternate activity Demo of Megohm Meter
NTT Training is actively monitoring the incidence of Covid-19 in the United States. Upcoming events may be impacted by daily changes made by National, State, and Local entities regarding events, travel, and quarantine. Contact us regarding questions for your schedule at 1-855-712-7353.
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
Select Training Location and Date:
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing.
Training Program Pricing
2-Day Hands-On Lab + Lecture: $1195 / Participant
This training program may be included with other training or as a standalone course. Please call (800) 922-2820 or Contact NTT Training to discuss pricing and your unique training needs.
Don’t see a local training program in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training