Electrical Safety: NFPA 70E Overview
This training program is eligible for an early bird discount of $100 if registered 60 days out (or more) and will be automatically applied at checkout!
At the end of this training program attendees will be able to:
- Understand the new Risk Assessment approach to Electrical Safety
- Apply OSHA rule 1910.331-335 training requirements and NFPA 70E® standards
- Understand the effect of maintenance on equipment and how it reduces injury
- Describe proper use of test instruments making contact with energized parts
- Why This Training Program
- Who Should Take This Training Program
- What You'll Learn
- Training Program Description
Why You should take this training program
NEW – This course is now available via our interactive Live Online Training format. Live Online Training course length and content may vary from our in-classroom content. Click Here to ask us about the differences.
This interactive course provides a learning experience taught by industry veterans where attendees are individually verified to have understood the safety skills they will use in the field.
The NFPA 70E® Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace provides the prescriptive methods for OSHA compliance for electrical safe work. NTT Training provides the interpretation of the standard through hands-on instructor demonstration for implementing the standard. Workplace exercises using real-world scenarios alongside annotated explanations of the NFPA 70E ensures they understand these requirements.
This course is designed to fit annual retraining on the NFPA70E® standard needs.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Contact HoursDownload Training Program PDF
Upon completion of this training program, the attendee will receive a certificate of completion. Please contact your state or local licensing agency to determine if this training program is accepted for Continuing Education recognition by the agency.
Who Should Take This Training Program
People who will benefit from attending this course include:
• Maintenance Electricians
• Linemen & Utility Workers
• Owners & Managers
• Safety Directors
• Electrical Contractors
• Perform safe electrical work practices and understand arc flash hazards and boundaries
What You'll Learn
This course covers the following:
• Learning to identify the hazards of an electrical job
• Assessing what can be done to eliminate hazards
• Understanding methods of mitigating hazards
• How to use best industry practices to comply with requirements
• Achieve a safe-as-practical approach to performing electrical work
Training Program Description
Identify the Hazards and Mitigation Methods
• Shock and Burn injuries: Outline of Annex K Statistics
• Define in Article 100: Qualified Person, Working On, Electrically Safe Work Condition, energized Electrical Work Permit and discuss how each helps mitigate electrical incidents
The Electrical Safety Work Program
• Article 110, General Requirements for Electrical Safety-related Work Practices
Perform Shock and Arc Flash Risk Assessments
• Use NTT work orders as scenarios
• Review of 130.4 and 130.5
• Flow charts in 70E
Complete a Job Safety Plan
Using NTT App, document on their notepad, check off JSP in App
• Perform a Risk Assessment
• Select PPE
• Verify Condition of Equipment
• Setup Protection Boundaries
• Establish an ESWC
Create an Electrically Safe Work Condition (LOTO)
• Use the NTT Electrical Safety Risk Assessment Checklist
• Course EvaluationsFor BOTH Live-Online and In-classroom training students should bring the following PPE to class for use:
• PPE Category 2 including Face Shield
• Voltage-rated rubber gloves, leather protectors
• Arc-flash suit and hood (typically rated at 40 cal/cm2 or more), and arc-rated gloves
NTT Training is actively monitoring the incidence of Covid-19 in the United States. Upcoming events may be impacted by daily changes made by National, State, and Local entities regarding events, travel, and quarantine. Contact us regarding questions for your schedule at 1-855-712-7353.
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
Select Training Location and Date:
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Training Program Pricing
8-hour Lecture: $550 / Participant
This training program may be included with other training or as a standalone. As such, training time depends on training program length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (855) 712-7353 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss your unique needs.
Don’t see a local training program in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training